Airpods are directly to work with iPhones and other Apple devices. Although they are just like any other Bluetooth device, you can also connect them to a windows PC.
Apple’s AirPods are great -they’re compact, sound fantastic, and offer hours of battery life, making them the perfect match for the music, video calls, and just about anything else you do on your laptop or PC.
Apple’s AirPods are wireless earphones designed primarily for iPhone operating system iPads and iPhones. Yet AirPods work with all sorts of other devices. If you need help in pairing these two, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to connect AirPods to a laptop windows 10 and how to disconnect them as well.
Airpods rely on Bluetooth for connectivity. So if you have a Windows 10 laptop, you should not have any problem hooking them up to it. You did not gain access to Siri or any Airpods-related customization options like you would on the iPhone. But you can use them similarly to any other pair of Bluetooth earphones or headphones.
Let us check out what you must do to connect the AirPods, AirPods pro, or AirPods Max, to a laptop windows 10.
If you can quickly connect your AirPods to a windows 10 laptop, alongside set them up as a Bluetooth device. Before you start, put your AirPods or AirPods pro in the charging case.
To connect your AirPods to a windows 10 laptop, put your AirPods in the case, open it, and press and hold a small button till the status light starts flashing.
Table of Contents
- Difference Between Pairing Airpods to a Laptop and a Computer
- Steps to Connect Airpods to Laptop Windows 10
- Connect Airpods to a Windows 10 Computer
- Use Airpods on a Windows 10 Laptop
- How to Disconnect Your Airpods From a Laptop Windows 10
- Disconnect Airpods Windows 10 Computer
- Steps to Change Your Airpods Name on a Windows 10 Laptop
- Ready to Go Airpods on Windows
Difference Between Pairing Airpods to a Laptop and a Computer
A laptop is yet a computer and has the same function as a common desktop computer. Pairing the Airpods to desktop computers and laptop is the same unless they are running different operating systems. But connecting your AirPods to a Mac laptop is slightly different with some steps.
Steps to Connect Airpods to Laptop Windows 10
- Go to the start menu.
- Click settings
- Pick the option Add Bluetooth or other devices.
- Select Bluetooth.
- Click and hold the Setup button. Keep holding until the status indicator starts flashing.
- Select your AirPods as they appear in the list of Bluetooth devices.
- Click done.
- Exit setting
Connect Airpods to a Windows 10 Computer
- Put your AirPods in their case and make sure the charging is complete. Make sure the charging level of your AirPods is not too low. For the most satisfactory result, charge your AirPods until the battery level is 20 percent.
- Open the Airpods case. Keep the case open till you have finished connecting them to your laptop.
- Press and hold the button charging case until the led starts flashing. The circular button on the back of your AirPods case is called the setup button. We will see the LED light inside the older AirPods or on the front of the new AirPods pro.
- Open the start menu from windows. The windows icon is in the bottom-left corner of your screen.
- Select settings. The gear icon appears above the power button.
- Then click devices.
- Next, Click Bluetooth and devices. You want to see this option in the left sidebar.
- Click add Bluetooth or other devices. You want to see this option next to the plus sign at the top of the window. First, make sure that the slider under Bluetooth turns on. Otherwise, you are not able to connect your AirPods to your computer.
- Next, select Bluetooth. If you select this as the kind of device you want to add, a list of appearing Bluetooth devices available to connect with will open.
- Select your AirPods from the list. Allow your AirPods to pair with your computer. Then you should see a window reporting that your device is ready to go.
- Click done. So, you can take your AirPods out of the charging case and use them with your windows computer.
Use Airpods on a Windows 10 Laptop
If you have finished connecting your AirPods to your windows 10 laptop, you can use them to listen to music straight away. If you require to, select the volume icon on the notification area to switch between the AirPods and any other output devices.
Windows 10 does not allow you to customize the motioning on your AirPods, but you should be competent to put on a double-tap on the first and second-generation AirPods to play and stop tracks. If you have a pair of AirPods pro, you can press them to toggle between transparency mode and active noise cancellation.
In the AirPods, use the Digital Crown to control audio. Noise Control button for transparency mode and active noise cancellation.
How to Disconnect Your Airpods From a Laptop Windows 10
To disconnect your AirPods from a windows 10 laptop.
- Go to start.
- Click setting.
- Bluetooth and other devices.
Then click your AirPods and select remove devices. Finally, click yes to disconnect your AirPods from your windows.
Once you connect your AirPods to your windows computer, it might be difficult for them to your other devices.
Ensure your AirPods innately connect to your iPhone or other devices first, here I am showing you the steps on how to disconnect them from your windows computer.
Disconnect Airpods Windows 10 Computer
- Open the windows start menu.
- Select setting.
- Click devices.
- Next, click Bluetooth and other devices.
- Then select your AirPods. You will see them under the audio.
- Click remove the device.
- Click yes to remove your AirPods.
Steps to Change Your Airpods Name on a Windows 10 Laptop
You connect your AirPods to your laptop windows 10, it shows you the insolvency [Your Name] AirPods title. You can change that name whatever you want in windows 10. Although, your changes would not carry over to an iPhone.
- Open the run box by clicking windows+R. At the time, type command printers and click ok.
- Right-click your AirPods and properties.
- Attached to the Bluetooth tab.
- Then, your Airpods name is changed.
- select apply and ok. Set your AirPods in the charging case. Take out and again to apply the changes.
Ready to Go Airpods on Windows
Using a pair of AirPods on a laptop windows 10 allows for a decent listening experience. Just be prepared to deal with any microphone-related problems, and you should be fine.
You can see here, that connecting your AirPods to your windows laptop is very easy. Airpods are firstly designed for Apple devices. But you can use the same pair of AirPods for both your iPhone operating system and windows devices without being frightened about compromising the sound quality.